Old 19-04-2004, 03:03 AM
RichToyBox

Default formalin in kiddie pool

I think that what you are referring to is potassium permanganate. The PP
will clean the plants and pots and soil of any parasites without killing the
plants like salt would. I think you can also use formalin, but I haven't
seen any info on it. For PP I usually do about triple strength for treating
plants that I would for treating the pond, that is about 1 teaspoon per 200
gallons. The organics will burn up the PP pretty quick without heavy dose.
--
RichToyBox
"Bill" wrote in message
om...
I cannot find that particular site right now, but I am almost sure that I
read somewhere that when removing plants to a kiddie pool (salting the

pond)
they should be treated with formalin. Does this sound right? If so what
does this do? If this is correct I'm sure the dosage was expressed as
applying in ppm. How do I figure that.
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas