Old 19-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Sunflower

Default Soil amendment/fertilizer?

"lib" wrote in message
I am preparing to roto-till my 20 ft. square garden near San Francisco

Bay.
What would be a good amend/fert. to add to my ground? What would be the
approx. amount of the product I would apply. I was thinking of something
that I could buy large bags of and spread before tilling. I grow a variety
of vegs. from corn to beans, peas, lettuce, squash, etc. Thanx ahead- Lib

What does your soil test say about the basic fertility of your soil and pH?
You have to know where you're beginning to know what route to take to get to
the end. Having said that, it's hard to overdo adding organic matter to the
soil.