Old 19-04-2004, 06:04 AM
Bill

Default formalin in kiddie pool

I found the reference and it was from Doc Johnson @ KoiVet. His reference
was "Pull sensitive plants to baby-pool and treat with Formalin in this. (25
ppm 8-12 hours) ". I have not a clue how to figure 25 ppm??? The PP that
Rich suggests sounds doable. I just don't have a ready source for it or have
any idea of its cost as compared to Formalin (in small quantities).

Rich if you happen to respond to this - do I take the PP out at some point
and/or how long must you leave it.
Thanxx
Bill Brister

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
I think that what you are referring to is potassium permanganate. The PP
will clean the plants and pots and soil of any parasites without killing

the
plants like salt would. I think you can also use formalin, but I haven't
seen any info on it. For PP I usually do about triple strength for

treating
plants that I would for treating the pond, that is about 1 teaspoon per

200
gallons. The organics will burn up the PP pretty quick without heavy

dose.
--
RichToyBox
"Bill" wrote in message
om...
I cannot find that particular site right now, but I am almost sure that

read somewhere that when removing plants to a kiddie pool (salting the

pond)
they should be treated with formalin. Does this sound right? If so

what
does this do? If this is correct I'm sure the dosage was expressed as
applying in ppm. How do I figure that.
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas