Old 19-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Moontanman

Default Minature cattails

About a quarter of their usual height to the top of their pot would be
a reasonable compromise, too deep and the lanky straying rhisomes will
soon be be wobbling at odd angles in any breeze

It is hard to drown cat tails

I am trying to grow cattails in an aquarium with a hood about 24" above the
water. I would like to havea small group eventaully (about 1.5 sq foot) at one
end of the aquarium or maybe across the back. But they mustn't grow much more
than 18" out of the water. The water will be a bout 12" deep. The aquarium has
soil under sand as a substrait so how do I get this to happen? I've grown lots
of cattails in open aquariums in my grenhouse but this is presenting a
challenge.

Moon
I breed dwarf crayfish for planted aquariums and grow trees in aquariums.
My groups