Old 19-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Tim

Default Shaded Bog Garden

Hi all
Looking for inspiration for a stretch of garden that is currently a disgrace
to the horticultural world. Soil is heavy red clay, shaded by neighbours
leylandii (to the south!). At present its home to a struggling Lilac tree, a
couple of Hosters and not much else. I'd guess it measures maybe 15 feet
long by 6 feet wide. I was wondering about creating some kind of wetland/bog
garden with polythene and top soil, and planting into that?
Anyone have any suggestions as to what might flourish in such a setting, any
pitfalls to beware of etc?
Many thanks
Tim