Old 19-04-2004, 08:13 PM
JennyC

Default Shaded Bog Garden

"Tim" notachanceunlessyouremovethis.twstannard@ntlworld .com wrote in message
news:SpTgc.115$C24.5@newsfe1-win...
Hi all
Looking for inspiration for a stretch of garden that is currently a disgrace
to the horticultural world. Soil is heavy red clay, shaded by neighbours
leylandii (to the south!). At present its home to a struggling Lilac tree, a
couple of Hosters and not much else. I'd guess it measures maybe 15 feet
long by 6 feet wide. I was wondering about creating some kind of wetland/bog
garden with polythene and top soil, and planting into that?
Anyone have any suggestions as to what might flourish in such a setting, any
pitfalls to beware of etc?
Many thanks
Tim

I've never had one myself but there is loads of info on the net:
http://www.ipcc.ie/boggarden.html
http://www.ee.enr.state.nc.us/garden/boGardenIndex.htm
http://www.nelsonwatergardens.com/bo...struction.html
http://www.gardeningdata.co.uk/water...og_gardens.htm