Old 19-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Pen

Default Honeysuckle vine or?

Try mixing with a later flowering vine like clematis and jasmine. I'd
recomment chocolate vine (Akebia quinata) but it can also be invasive.

Suzie-Q wrote in message news:sme617x-
In article , "EBG"
wrote:

I have honeysuckle in my backyard. It's the one that blooms white
and then turns yellow (or vice versa - I forget which). It's just now
starting to flower.

I like it and it is very fragrant when it blooms. It even blocks out the
smell of the doggie doo! My only complaint is that the bloom period
doesn't last very long -- only a few weeks.

If I were going to choose something today I'd try to find a vine that
flowers most of the summer, if such a vine exists.

Just my 2 cents!

I'm in central Texas.