Old 19-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Kathleen

Default Venus fly traps in Austin?

: I've bought them before... how the heck do you keep them alive?
:
: I'll let you know if I succeed. Venus fly traps seem to
: thrive on a knife-edge of humidity, temperature, type of soil,
: and moistness of soil, and if you drift too far in any
: direction, they crater pretty fast. And don't feed them
: hamburger or poke them with pencils for your own amusement.

Please do! (let me know if you succeed)
My kids loved having it, but it didn't last long. I thought it was
because I was watering with bottled instead of distilled water. Then
again, I have a lot to learn about plants and gardening.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen