Old 20-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Stephen Levine

Default Excluding deer

I am contemplating using horizontal strands of galvanized wire to fence out
deer around our garden. What I do not know is what is the minimum spacing of
these horizontal strands that will effectively screen out deer? I understand
that they may be able to stick their heads through the wires, but I intend
to have a 3'-0" path around the garden which should leave most plants out of
reach.

The fence will be 8 feet high. I have priced out various materials and the
wire seems to be the most cost effective.

So, what is a recommended minimum horizontal spacing?

TIA

Stephen