Old 20-04-2004, 05:03 PM
dave weil

Default Growing ramblers into trees?

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:32:00 GMT, "Judith Truly"
wrote:

Can you grow a climber up a very large sycamore with first branches about 16
or 18 feet off the ground?
Or is it too shady?
Right now it has trumpet vine (which I'll keep) and poison ivy- which I
attack every year. I live in SE Ohio - zone 6. Is there anything you'd
reccomend? Will trumpet vine and roses do well together?

Gee, I'd think that if it *were* a really big sycamore that it would
be too shady for sure. I have seen some photos of roses growing into
really big trees with big canopies, but I can't remember what kind of
roses they were (one was in some sort of public garden). Mine grows on
a 16 foot small VERY DEAD sugar maple.

Can't tell you about roses and trumpet vine, because I've never grown
the latter. I know that some people like to grow clematis and roses
together.