Old 20-04-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Excluding deer

think electric fence.
put a 3-4' short green wire type of stuff on the bottom to keep out rabbits.
2" up from green stuff put the first hot wire.
probably every 18-24" put another hot wire.
around the perimeter lay down that larger opening green wire .. it will catch at
their feet and they wont come near the fence. otherwise, use tall aluminum conduit
to sorta hang bird netting on the outside. this also freaks em out.
Ingrid

"Stephen Levine" wrote:
I am contemplating using horizontal strands of galvanized wire to fence out
deer around our garden. What I do not know is what is the minimum spacing of
these horizontal strands that will effectively screen out deer? I understand
that they may be able to stick their heads through the wires, but I intend
to have a 3'-0" path around the garden which should leave most plants out of
reach.
The fence will be 8 feet high. I have priced out various materials and the
wire seems to be the most cost effective.
So, what is a recommended minimum horizontal spacing?
Stephen

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com