Old 20-04-2004, 06:13 PM
Janet

Default OT Sorta...

BV, if you can find a local store that carries the hard-sided mini pools you
should be able to find a small sand fiter for your pool. I have one sitting
here but shipping would be expensive from the Great White North. IIRC that
sand filter takes 25 pounds of silica in it. You may have to really hunt
though as the soft sided inflatable have really taken off... OH! I just
looked at the inflatable in a local catalogue and they now have a sand
fliter option!!! It's pricey though, almost the cost of the pool! (pool
$499, sand filter option $399)...
Janet in Niagara Falls, CAN

--

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Janet" wrote in message
As a "big" pool owner ( ;o) ) I don't think you could realistically set

up
a proper pump and filter system complete with skimmer on the

inflatables.
That said there are small sand filters available for the hard-sided 3

foot
pools, the ones that must be taken down in the fall. Not sure what the
plumbing is like on your pool BV it's really hard to speculate what will
work in your situation...

snip

That's what I am looking for a retrofit sand filter. I have PVC

connections
for input and output on the side of the pool. No skimmer. I just want
replace this measily little paper filter gadget with something of more
power.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com