Old 21-04-2004, 02:07 AM
jammer

Default Bluebird rescue

Well if you didn't live in Austin, i would say "Bring it to ME!" I
rehabilitate birds. Call the Austin zoo and they will put you in
contact with several people.

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:51:15 GMT, "Bill"
wrote:

I live in Austin

"joe" wrote in message
Bill,

Call your local SPCA and see if they know where the local wildlife

rescue
is. Personally, If it is larger than a nestling, I would take it

and place
it in a box or cage until you get a hold of the rescue people.

Where do you live?

Joe

On 4/20/04 3:34 PM, "Bill" wrote:

Hi group. I'm betting there are some of you out there who are

more
naturalists than me. I found a little Blue Jay chick under our

bush.
It
definitely seems in distress - I gave a saucer of water and went

and
bought
some earthworms. Wouldn't offer at either one. Just sits there

looking
around. Been there for some time because you can see its crapped

couple
of times but hasn't hardly moved. I'm sure it must be from a

nest in a
tree
near us but the parents have obviously abandoned it at this

point.
I know this could mean that there is just something wrong with it

and
honestly I pretty much willing to let nature take its course,

EXCEPT we
have
a lot of cats in the neighborhood and I don't like that scenerio.

It's
not
a little tiny thing. Looks almost like a normal bird in the

body,
feathers
and markings. Just the chick like short stuff on its head and

tail
feathers
just beginning to sprout, but no length.
Any suggestions. (Hit it will a shovel is not the type of

'solution'
I'm
looking for.)
Thanxx