Old 21-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Trident maple and juniper problem

Sounds like root rot on both trees to me. Neither ever needed to be indoors.

On the Maple, check the roots for black rotten roots, remove them, plant in
new soil and don't over water, place outdoors in a shaded location.

On the Juniper you could try the same thing, but Junipers stay green for
months after they are dead, if one branch is brown the others will probably follow
very quickly.

In a message dated 4/20/2004 8:54:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I decided to switch my trident maple I got a few months ago to a larger
training pot so the trunk will grow.

Problem is I made the switch and now it seems to be dying, I have it in
a large pot and I have been watering it normally. Most of the leaves that
grew
indoors have become how should I say this wilted and brown (looks as
through the leaves have been burnt if you know what I mean). Any
suggestions?

Also I have a small juniper and it looks nice except for one branch has
become completely brown, the rest of the tree looks fine, but hasn't had
really any new growth?

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++