Old 21-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Henrik Gistvall

Default [IBC] Trident maple and juniper problem

Theo wrote:

Mike wrote:

Hey guys,

I decided to switch my trident maple i got a few months ago to a larger
training pot so the trunk will grow.

Problem is I made the switch

what do you mean by switch?

and now it seems to be dying, i have it in
a large pot and i have been watering it normally. I think it might be
due to the weather, in philly the weather has been a little crazy and
only now is it continually staying warm. Most of the leaves that grew
indoors have become how should i say this wilted and brown (looks as
through the leaves have been burnt if you know what i mean). Any
suggestions?

If you bring a tree in full leaf from the inside to the outside the tree
have not adopted to strong sun and lack the important wax layer that
protects the leaf. There migth been some sun burn. You need to slowly
bring the tree in to sun from full shade.

Cut of the dead juniper branch or jin it.

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++