Old 21-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Robert E A Harvey

Default Garden Plaques

Jason Scott wrote:
I am looking for a garden Plaque with the inscription "you're closer
to God in a garden, than anywhere else on Earth"

Anyone know where I might get hold of one of these?

There is a small foundry in a village near here that casts alloy (and
plastic) house name-boards. I am sure there are many such around the
country. They should be able to make something up for you, they will have a
stock set of borders and the like. A Goolge search for "garden plaque"
turned up hundreds of hits in the uk.

Failing that, the people who make concrete novelties (and there are several
of them round Spalding, so I expect it's the same round your way) will be
able to make you something like that. My Son-in-law was given one that says
"Old gardeners never die, they simply spade away"