Old 21-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Emrys Davies

Default Advice on Laurels

It may well be that they are suffering from lack of water.

Gently dig around one of the sickly ones to see whether the roots have
grown out from the original ball. At the same time you will be able to
establish whether it is suffering from drought.

If it is lack of moisture, make sure that each shrub is watered
thoroughly and that means a slow trickle for a considerable time as it
is difficult to penetrate a compacted rootball.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"LongYP" wrote in message
My first post to this group, I hope you can help - it's good to see it

is
busy

Last couple of years I have been trying to grow a laurel hedge -

roughly 10
trees (£6.99 ea. , so I started small) - Of the 10, probably 6 have

taken
well, whilst the others I find are yellowing, and although there are

new
shoots/leaves on them, their growth rate has been minimal..

Are they sick and need replacing or have I managed to mix some dwarf

laurels
(if these exist) with the standard laurels?

Any help appreciated..thanks.