Old 21-04-2004, 05:02 PM
philosopher

Default clover

Clover is one of the nicest things one can have in a lawn. It is a nitrogen
binder, which means that it actually helps fertilize your lawn. Plus, it is
a very very difficult plant to remove totally from your lawn--it will take
several applications of herbicide to do the trick. This is my humble
opinion, but I would think twice about removing it and rather think about
trying to live with it.

Philosopher

"NetComm888" wrote in message
m...
Hi the group. I have some questions about garden work. This is my
first house and I didn't have any gardening experience before.
I've seen a lot of clovers on my front yard. I'm afraid they will
eventully kill the grasses. I haven't yet put down the Scotts' 2nd
phase stuff (called Turf Bulder with plus 2 weed control), due to the
weather reason. But I plan to do it this wkend. On the product
description, it says it will control the white clover. Do you think it
will kill those annoying clovers? Is there any other way to get ride
of them? I'm afraid to manually remove, since it will tear up my lawn
too.
Thanks