Old 21-04-2004, 06:04 PM
J. Del Col

Default Gooseberries and hot weather

ustible (AlleyCatStudio1) wrote in message ...
Hello all --

I recently ordered two Gooseberry plants ('Invicta' and 'Hinnonmaki Red'
cultivars). I've read that gooseberries "collapse" when the air temperature
exceeds 85 degrees: I live about half a mile from the south shore of Lake
Erie, so the summers aren't like Arizona, but typically there are a few days or
weeks during the summer that exceed the 85-degree mark, and it's usually the
case where we get at least one week that goes into the 90's. So, I intend to
plant them in large containers so they can be temporarily moved indoors if
necessary.

Don't bother with the containers. Keep them well watered, and you
will have no problems.

J. Del Col