Old 21-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Frank Sweeting

Default Mountfield Mirage height adjustment

Hi ev'ryone

The height of cut adjustment on these mowers is by a spring-loaded lever
which is "sprung" into a quadrant on the right hand side by the back wheel.

The spring has broken, so the lever slips out of the quadrant & the mower
sinks down until the deck is on the ground.

I've got a new spring but I can't fit it because I cant tension the new
spring before slipping it onto its shaft!

Has anyone out there had to change this bit & have they any advice!

Note I've removed the right hand side rear wheel, removed the pin that
carries the lever & spring from its housing but am stuck on re-assembling
with the spring tensioned

Any advice gratefully accepted

TIA

regards: Frank