Old 21-04-2004, 07:06 PM
Bevan Price

Default Outdoor paint for wood

"Rach" wrote in message ...
Hi,
Not sure of anyone might be able to offer me a little advice but here
goes...

What kind of paint (NOT woodstain) can I use in the garden - on fences,
sheds etc?

I am looking for an actual paint as opposed to varnish or stain and
hopefully looking for something Matt or Satin as opposed to gloss.

Thanks for any help

Any "outdoor" grade of paint - as used by house painters - should do. If the wood has not previously been painted, you
will first need to apply a wood primer coating. Check the paint colour charts in do-it-yourself stores like B&Q - these
usually tell you what grades of paint are OK for outdoor use.

Bevan