Old 21-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Raj

Default Plants for a small pond with waterfall.

Hi folks,

I need some suggestions for a small pond I inherited with the house in
Northern NJ. It is roughtly 5x4 with severly rounded corners (to the
point that it is neither circular nor square), about 3' deep at the
center. There are no shelves for marginal plants. It has a about 7'
high waterfall. Currently I have the waterfall turned off as I need to
fix some leaks but the water gets pumped up into a bio filter at the
top and dumped back into the pond from a tube.
I have been battling pea soup syndrome for 3 years and am determined
to fix it the right way :-) I am planning to add under water and
floating plants and also some tadpoles, *maybe* a couple of small
fish. I added some anachris from my fish tank last week. I plan to get
another underwater plant this week. My big concern is to cover the
water surface as the sun beats down on the pond for a good part of the
day. I would *love* to add an hardy lilly but am having second
thoughts due to the waterfall. So am looking for some
recommendations.

TIA.

Raj