Old 22-04-2004, 12:03 AM
how

Default Shade grow vs. Sun Grow Areca Palms

"Jason" wrote in message
om...
snips
I just bought some Areca Palms and they asked if I wanted shade grow
or sun Grown.. The area I'm putting them in is more indirect sun...
I water the plants well and am located in Miami Florida..
I assume this is because of the sun.. Will they adapt? or should I
plant them only in a Real Shady area?

Hi,
Yes the sun grown would have done better. If you bought three/five gallon
pots of Dypsis lutescens then there are probably many plants in each pot
which means overcrowded so there will be deaths. I think the plants will
recover but months will go by. Are they in the ground yet? They will be
tougher to maintain in pots.

HTH, how
to reply no "NEWS" is good