Old 22-04-2004, 12:03 PM
dps

Default Straggily Linaria

Fleemo wrote:
...now my question is whether I should cut it way back and hope for
stronger, more upright foliage? Or would that be eliminating the only
chance of flowering for this lovely plant?

Might it come back next year, self-seed, or is this a brief though
lovely addition to my garden?

I grew some linaria last year (don't remember the variety) and it was a
cool weather crop. I cut the flowers several times, reducing the plant
to very little, but it came back regularly until the hot weather came
along. It was advertised as an annual. When it wimped out in the hot
weather I mowed it all and it showed no resurgence in the fall.

Most linaria appears to be low growing, but this one was about 24" high
with small flowers that looked like miniature snapdragons. Bought it as
plugs.