Old 22-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Michael Bartlett

Default Garden design - paving stone size?

Hi all,

I'm just about to rennovate my 8m (length) x 2.7m (width) little garden.
Just wanted to ask more of a design question with regards to paving stone
size. I'm battling to decide between using 300mm X 300mm or 600mm X 600mm
paving tiles and was wondering what aesthetic effect either would have. I'm
unsure as to wether the 600x600 (which would only essentially be 4 tiles
across) would make the garden look wider because of the wider stones or
wether it will look smaller because of fewer stones. I'm using a grey/green
sandstone paving. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the effect either
would have?

Cheers
Mike