Old 22-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Nedra

Default Plants for a small pond with waterfall.

Opps .. forgot about the 7 foot waterfall. Lotus do like calm
water. Let me think about this - -

Nedra

"Raj" wrote in message
om...
"Nedra" wrote in message

ink.net...
Ah Yes!! Go for a Lotus Pond. Couple ( no more than 2)
of goldfish and you'll love the effect.

Nedra in Missouri

Lotus Pond:

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

=== snip ===
Sounds like the perfect Lotus garden to me.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

That's funny, Nedra and BV.
I was leafing thru a catalog this evening and and me and my wife both
said 'why don't we consider a lotus instead of a lilly?' :-)
So is it safe to assume that lotus is not bothered by moving water
like lilly? I have never planted lotus (although my grandpa had some
beautiful lotus in two ponds) so any tips and hints for zone 5 are
much appreciated. I guess for my pond size a dwarf lotus would be
better suited than a large lotus, right? Any recommendation on
*which* lotus? I mean a name - 'white doll', 'chawan basu', etc ...

Thanks again.

Raj