Old 22-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Dunk - del SAFETYNET to reply

Default [IBC] Sageretia Help (Possibly dead already)

Cheers,
I've been trying to keep it damp - will check on the shade of
green - it was quite bright last I checked.

I'm in Scotland, temp for the next few days is 10-15C (40-50F ?) will
it cope with that far a bit?

Thanks again,
Dunk

On 22 Apr 2004 07:00:43 -0700, Jim Lewis wrote:

Is there any hope for my bonsai? Could I cut and grow a

branch? I don't
want to give up
on it but it's not shown much sign of life in months (I'm still

watering &
spraying)

If there's still FRESH-looking green (not pale chartreuse-ish
yellow green) under the bark, there's hope.

But STOP SPRAYING, and ease off on the watering -- a lot. Ill
trees don't use much water and too much water will make the roots
situation worse.

You had/have a root rot. The reason you saw so few was they'd
all rotted away into the soil. Chances are you've been watering
too much from the beginning.

Water this tree ONLY when the soil feels dry under the surface.
Dig in with a finger to check, or keep a stick jammed into the
soil and feel the dirty end once a day and water when it gets
dry.

Put the tree in part shade (OUTDOORS, assuming your temps are not
well below freezing).

Good luck.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/