Old 22-04-2004, 04:12 PM
shazzbat

Default Mini-greenhouse plasic bag thingy

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

I was tempted into buying a mini-greenhouse thing which is basically

plastic
feet and spacers, plastic coated metal poles and wire shelves, and a

plastic
bag with a zip in it to go over the whole shooting match.

Bought it at Glynweb for £15.

It is basically 3 shelves each of which will hold 3 standard seed trays.

The
top shelf has considerably more height above it than the other 2.

I have it in the sun lounge with seed trays in, raising tomatos,

cucumbers,
courgettes.

It seems to work pretty well, although I nearly fried the tomatoes the

other
day and had to cover the whole thing whilst they had a chance to recover -

sprayed them with a Killaspray containing rainwater and this revived them.

Put the max/min thermometer in to see what the temperature was.

In the sun lounge it is about 80F and inside this thing it was over 100F

and
very humid.

I would have said the sun lounge at 80deg was ideal for these
seeds/seedlings. It's going to get warmer than that when the sun comes out,
allegedly this is going to happen tomorrow.

Steve