Old 22-04-2004, 04:12 PM
martin

Default Mini-greenhouse plasic bag thingy

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:31:55 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

I was tempted into buying a mini-greenhouse thing which is basically

plastic
feet and spacers, plastic coated metal poles and wire shelves, and a

plastic
bag with a zip in it to go over the whole shooting match.

Bought it at Glynweb for £15.

It is basically 3 shelves each of which will hold 3 standard seed trays.

The
top shelf has considerably more height above it than the other 2.

I have it in the sun lounge with seed trays in, raising tomatos,

cucumbers,
courgettes.

It seems to work pretty well, although I nearly fried the tomatoes the

other
day and had to cover the whole thing whilst they had a chance to recover -

sprayed them with a Killaspray containing rainwater and this revived them.

Put the max/min thermometer in to see what the temperature was.

In the sun lounge it is about 80F and inside this thing it was over 100F

and
very humid.

I would have said the sun lounge at 80deg was ideal for these
seeds/seedlings. It's going to get warmer than that when the sun comes out,
allegedly this is going to happen tomorrow.

bearing in mind that it is 40 years since the Met Office abandoned
Fahrenheit, it's hard to laugh at French people, who still give house
prices in old Francs. The Bracknell Met Office HQ building, that was
new at the time has been abandoned for a new building in Exeter
because the old building is "falling apart and obsolete", but
Faharenheit lives on.