Old 22-04-2004, 10:05 PM
martin

Default Seedlings

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:16:16 +0100, MissJuggs
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:04:06 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

I think you're right - that there is need for a site showing weed
seedlings and very young plant seedlings. There may be one somewhere, so
have a good search of the web before reinventing the wheel, but if
there isn't one, then, yes, it would be useful as it is one of those
questions that crops up now and again.

Martin came up with one, and the only criticism that I have of it is
that the seedling pictures are divided into biological description
type categorizations. Still it doesn't hurt one to go through all the
pictures and learn.

What would be useful to add to something like Martin's site is a
classification that would match more closely with newbie gardeners,
like vegetables, annuals, bulbs, etc. But that is a minor quibble, as
the common names are there under the pictures, and I am sad enough to
wade through loads of pictures, hoping that something will sink in,
anyway.

If you dig around on the site ( no pun intended). You'll find that the
seedlings are ordered in several different ways.
I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of information on the site.