Old 23-04-2004, 04:08 AM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Sageretia Help (Possibly dead already)

In a message dated 4/22/2004 11:24:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
Cheers,
I've been trying to keep it damp - will check on the shade of
green - it was quite bright last I checked.

I'm in Scotland, temp for the next few days is 10-15C (40-50F ?) will
it cope with that far a bit?

Thanks again,
Dunk
Dunk:

Water reduction alone WILL NOT solve the problem IF the tree has root rot.
This is a fungus, and it will need to be treated:

1. Remove the tree from its pot and inspect the roots. If the roots are
black, cut them back until you see whitish cores.
2. Remove the old soil and soak the root pad for 15 minutes in a fungicidal
bath. Benomyl, Funginex, or the equivalent product will do.
3. Repot the specimen in a fast-draining soil with a modest organic
component. The objective here is to promote root growth rapidly and to minimize water
content in the soil.
4. Place the specimen in indirect sunlight. When you water, water it with a
solution of Roots 2. You should be able to get this sent to you from the UK.
It unequivocally works.
5. As Jim recommended, place a chopstick into the pot and remove it on a
daily basis to check water content. When the chopstick is almost dry to the
touch, thoroughly rewater the specimen.

The temperature is a bit cold given its health. I recommend moving it
indoors at night and back out when the temperature is at least 50 F.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++