Old 23-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Robert

Default Rhodo no-go

IanW wrote:
: Hello,
:
: I planted a rhododendron about 18 months ago in our Perthshire garden
: (they thrive around here). However it has not grown at all in that
: time and still bears the same flower buds as when planted.
: It is still green and, apart from some nibble marks around the leaf
: edges, seems to be alive.
: Should I dig it up, check the root ball and replant?
: Could there be some pest or disease at work?
:
: Many thanks,
: Ian
: Scotland

There could be a pest or it could be that the root ball was so tight that
the roots couldn't break free. Dig it out and tease out the roots and at the
same time you'll know whether you have vine weevil because the roots will be
nibbled away etc