Old 22-04-2004, 11:04 AM
IanW

Default Rhodo no-go

Hello,

I planted a rhododendron about 18 months ago in our Perthshire garden
(they thrive around here). However it has not grown at all in that
time and still bears the same flower buds as when planted.
It is still green and, apart from some nibble marks around the leaf
edges, seems to be alive.
Should I dig it up, check the root ball and replant?
Could there be some pest or disease at work?

Many thanks,
Ian
Scotland
Old 23-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Robert

IanW wrote:
: Hello,
:
: I planted a rhododendron about 18 months ago in our Perthshire garden
: (they thrive around here). However it has not grown at all in that
: time and still bears the same flower buds as when planted.
: It is still green and, apart from some nibble marks around the leaf
: edges, seems to be alive.
: Should I dig it up, check the root ball and replant?
: Could there be some pest or disease at work?
:
: Many thanks,
: Ian
: Scotland

There could be a pest or it could be that the root ball was so tight that
the roots couldn't break free. Dig it out and tease out the roots and at the
same time you'll know whether you have vine weevil because the roots will be
nibbled away etc

beech hedge and rhodo ponticum SusieThompson United Kingdom 6 21-12-2011 08:05 PM
Rhodo question Stephen M. Henning Gardening 0 07-09-2004 05:50 PM
Ailing Chinoides Rhodo Jenny Gardening 5 24-05-2004 11:03 AM
Brown Spot(s) on Rhodo. Twobtold Gardening 5 19-04-2004 04:02 AM
Prune PJM Rhodo Shrek Gardening 2 21-05-2003 01:56 AM