Old 23-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Chinese Elm and mites

I don't know where you are or where the tree is being kept with this
bag over it. BUT, here in Florida, four days in the sun like that would mean a
well cooked tree and if the mites hadn't killed it the sun did.
Take the bag off.

In a message dated 4/23/2004 1:54:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I finally found why my Elm began dropping leaves, and found some info
for spider mites here, which I've done - I placed a clear bag around
the tree and top of the pot. I sprayed it with water first, and put
it outside on a windy day to blow all the loose leaves away.

Now I'm wondering - how long do I keep the bag on there? It's been
about 4 days.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++