Old 24-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Charlie

Default Ignition switch replacement problem

I have an older commercial Bunton with 16 HP B&S engine and electric start.
However the electric start system does not have a solenoid. The battery
cable goes to the keyed ignition switch and from there to the starter motor.
This carries all the juice for the starter, and the lugs on the ignition
switch are really hefty and the connection is a screw type. Need to replace
the switch finally, but old one is not available. Does anyone know of a
source for such a switch. A bunch of old machines by David Bradley and
others were wired this way too, I think. I have magneto ignition so an M
connector on switch would be nice for shutting it off, but not essential.
Have tried lots of different dealers with no luck. Need an old timer's
advice perhaps.
Thanks!!!!!!