Old 24-04-2004, 05:06 AM
Gary Woods

Default Adding shredder paper to compost heap

"Franz Heymann" wrote:

Can one feed the shredded paper to the worms in a wormery, after
wetting it thoroughly?

Yes; works just fine. I got a couple of big bags of shredded stuff from
the (former) workplace's accounting department. Told the finance guy the
worms would, please, like to have accounts receivable.
I wet it by dumping in the worm bin (plywood, with a couple coats of
urethane varnish) and sprinkling with the usual garden watering can with a
"rose" on the spout. Takes several waterings over a couple of days to get
well moistened, but very little effort. Scientific types can weigh the
paper and put it with the proper weight of water in a plastic bag and seal
up for a few days.