Old 24-04-2004, 04:05 PM
RoyDMercer

Default rose bush problems

"Cindie Light" wrote in message
m...
hmmm thank you Roy ... could you pass on the websites that are worthy
in the mail order business. I definitely have fallen in love with
roses and would like to plan a rose garden maybe next spring. I will
take this advice and order bare roots in the winter! Thanks again!

Bare root roses are definitely the best way to go. The great thing is they
take off and start doing well the very first year you plant them. The only
place I've ever dealt with for bare root roses is Jackson & Perkins:
http://www.jacksonandperkins.com/

If you call them, they will send you a catalog. They seem to have gotten a
bit pricey in the last few years, but their products are top notch.

I've always had good luck with planting bare root roses. My favorite ones
are Peace, Mr. Lincoln, Blaze, Portrait, and Paul's Scarlet.