Old 26-04-2004, 02:09 AM
RoyDMercer

Default Need Recommendations for Rain water collection rain gutter installer

"Steven@roadrunner" wrote in message
I received a notice that my water rate will increase almost 50% this year.

I want to install a rain water collection system is phases.

First the gutters then the collection barrels.

Any suggestions for someone who does this type work will be greatly
appreciated.

When I lived in Tulsa we had a remote site in which we wanted to plant some
trees. The site had no running water and we wanted a water source to get
the trees established. We went and bought a plastic 55 gal barrel (about
$35) and placed it under one of the rain gutters. We found it took only a
small amount of rainfall to fill the barrel up.

We used a small electric pump and a garden hose to transfer the water
around.