Old 26-04-2004, 03:05 AM
Joe Doe

Default Need Recommendations for Rain water collection rain gutter installer

In article , "Steven@roadrunner"
wrote:

I received a notice that my water rate will increase almost 50% this year.

I want to install a rain water collection system is phases.

First the gutters then the collection barrels.

Any suggestions for someone who does this type work will be greatly
appreciated.

thanks
Steven

The city has a rebate program for rainwater harvesting. They also host an
annual tour of houses using water wise techniques. I went for one a few
years back and it was fun.

The next tour seems to have a broader focus but you can find info at:

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/watercon/coolhouse.htm

and

http://www.txses.org/coolhousetour/c..._brochure.html

The first link also has info on all the city rainwater programs.

This used to be free but they seem to want $6 now. I think it would be
worth it. Speaking to some of the owners will give you the best insight.
You will also gain an insight into how realistic this might be. Many of
the houses I saw used pretty immense tanks which take up a lot of real
estate. If you have a lot space this may not be an issue. For small
urban lots ?

Roland