Old 26-04-2004, 04:12 AM
Mike Lyle

Default waterproof pot?

"Tara" wrote in message ...
I have a terracotta pot in which Id like to have some sort of water lily
maybe. What do I need to use to waterproof the pot? I saw Charlie Dimmock
doing it on tv once but cant remember what she used. Can anyone advice
please?

I don't know about Chuckie Dimwit, but you can coat it inside and out
with masonry waterproofer. It's expensive, though, in the quite large
quantities you seem to have to buy; and it won't protect against the
water inside freezing solid and bursting it by expansion -- though I
guess that would kill the water-lily anyhow. You may be able to find a
plastic bucket, waste-paper bin, paintpot or something which will fit.

Mike.