Old 26-04-2004, 06:04 AM
RoyDMercer

Default Need Recommendations for Rain water collection rain gutter installer

If you're talking about setting up some type of elaborate system, then
you're right. However putting a couple of rain barrels under your gutters
is a good deal. The city of Austin will pay you back $30 on the cost of a
rain barrel (up to 4) which is almost all of the cost. Every time it rains,
you're going to get over 100 gals with two barrels. Even if you only save
50 cents each rainfall, it wouldn't take you long to recoup your costs.
Many people make compost tea to water their garden with and need 55 gals of
water to do it anyway. Why not get it for free from the roof rather than
paying at the fawcett.

"Red" wrote in message
If you do the math you will see that collecting rain water is a myth. I
don't care how much you collect, unless you have a 5000 gallon tank, you
are better off paying the bill. It may make you feel good and give the

bugs
a place to breed but it is not economical.

"Steven@roadrunner" wrote in message
I received a notice that my water rate will increase almost 50% this

year.

I want to install a rain water collection system is phases.

First the gutters then the collection barrels.

Any suggestions for someone who does this type work will be greatly
appreciated.

thanks
Steven