Old 26-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Grass cuttings

Andrew Welham wrote in news:408bd073$0$20516
:

I've just purchased a "Flymo Vision Compact 380 Electric Hover Mower ",
and it has made an excellent job of the lawn, my only worry is that it
sprays bits of cuts grass every where including the freshly dug flower
beds. My question is what are the chances of the pieces of grass now on
my flower beds taking root. ?

Zero. I often stick cut grass from the mower directly onto a shrub bed: it
makes an excellent mulch and keeps the weeds down, and I don't have to
carry it to the compost heap :-)

Dunno if this would be good for veg or annuals but apple trees, shrubs and
perennials like aquilegias and dianthus seem to thrive on it.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall