Old 26-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Vicky

Default Carrots and Leeks

I saw a report ages ago about a guy who grew his show leeks and carrots in
plastic pipes to encourage their size and growth. I'm limited for space in
my garden but I'd like to give this a try and wondered if it was feasible to
line up various bits of plastic pipe around my patio, filled with compost,
earthing up the leeks as they go. I assume the warmth of the pipes in the
sun must beneficial.

Any hints from the experienced? I did grow leeks succesfully in my garden a
few years ago but the space is now monopolised by kids.

Vicky