Old 26-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Carrots and Leeks

In article ,
Vicky wrote:
I saw a report ages ago about a guy who grew his show leeks and carrots in
plastic pipes to encourage their size and growth. I'm limited for space in
my garden but I'd like to give this a try and wondered if it was feasible to
line up various bits of plastic pipe around my patio, filled with compost,
earthing up the leeks as they go. I assume the warmth of the pipes in the
sun must beneficial.

Any hints from the experienced? I did grow leeks succesfully in my garden a
few years ago but the space is now monopolised by kids.

Sounds interesting. You may have to put up with vulgar comments
about the length of your leeks, but we gardeners are an earthy lot!

Please tell us how it works. It sounds perfectly sensible.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.