Old 26-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Twobtold

Default Transplanting tulip bulbs

From: "SugarChile"

That said, be aware that tulips are chancy endeavor; they don't return
reliably like daffodils and hyacinths. Some varieties are more perennial
than others, and a lot depends on your climate and weather, but I treat any
returning tulips as a bonus, not a given.

What varieties are more perennial? I've lived in this house for 11 years.
The previous owners plantings of tulips came back every year for 10 years. My
plantings of tulips lasted no more than 3 seasons tops.
The smaller species tulips lasted the longest.
So, either they planted true perennial tulips or it took me 10 years
to kill them.
Thanks