Old 27-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Pam - gardengal

Default Rose of Sharon with chlorosis

"Travis" wrote in message
I have two Rose of Sharon and both show signs of chlorosis. The
leaves are light green in color instead of normal dark green.

Remedies appreciated.

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Hello Travis :-))

Hibiscus often suffer from chlorosis, typically due to a lack of needed
trace elements, usually iron, zinc and/or manganese. A good balanced
fertilizer with added trace elements ( I like Dr Earth's Organic 8 -
specifically recommended for hibiscus ) should do the trick.

For a really fast, tonic-like approach, spray the foliage and the surface of
the root zone with MirAcid (aka MiracleGro for Acid Lovers). This delivers
chelated iron rapidly and you should see noticeable greening in a week or
two.

pam - gardengal