Old 27-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Steve and Lisa

Default OT ~ don't annoy the squirrels

When we moved here last fall the extreme amount of squirrel activity
interested Monty the Golden, but he's since moved on to chasing bunnies,
doesn't bother with the squirrels at all. (We have black, red and grey
squirrels as well as pine squirrels who have a crabby attitude!) I'm sure
once Monty realizes he cannot catch the bunnies either, he'll say stuff it
I'll stick to my tennis balls. Does anyone else have squirrels drink from
their ponds?

btw......I'll take the Ms Bullfrog, one of mine moved on and the other died
last Friday. So we haven't any frogs at all now.

Lisa
(Monty the Golden http://www.britsintheus.com/marriednhappy/monty.htm )
"Ka30P" wrote in message

Set down the watergardening labradors tonight and read them this new

story.

A Council Bluffs, Iowa, man learned the hard way - don't mess with the

city's black squirrels. Billy G. Cates, 18, was fined $325 last Tuesday

for
letting loose his dog "with the intent to annoy, worry, maim, injure or

kill
the squirrel," according to the Council Bluffs Daily Nonpareil and the

Omaha
World-Herald.

The girls and I discussed their habit of finding the squirrel in the trees

and
harrassing and annoying and worrying him until he runs away to the big

pine
tree.
'This has got to stop', says I. 'At $325 a day, that's a lot of kibble I'm

not
going to be able to buy you.'
They tried to convince me that but for their constant vigilance the

squirrel
would have moved in, evicted the family from hearth and home, eaten all

the dog
cookies and drunk all my coffee. They stood between us and utter ruin.
I told them I wasn't buying it.
And if they really wanted to chase something they could mount a pursuit of

the
Lady Bullfrog in the Frog Bog.

kathy :-)