Old 27-04-2004, 02:08 PM
J Kolenovsky

Default Need Recommendations for Rain water collection rain gutter installer

Steven, here is that link to the Texas Water Development Board. You have
high-speed Internet so you'll really enjoy it.

http://www.twdb.state.tx.us/home/index.asp

Down in Houston, where we get a lot of rain, we are looking at "Rain
Gardens", "Naturscaping" floodwater detention ponds,
http://www.bayoupreservation.org/naturescape/home.html, and rainwater
harvesting. Shoot, the folks out in west Texas and the Aussies have been
doing this for years. Billy Kniffen over in Menard is the County
Extension Agent and he is very helpful in helping people get with the
harvesting program.

I am pumped. I am a naturalistic, native landscaper and discovered the
benifits of bog gardens ("rain gardens") while doing that type of work.
I live in Bellaire and I have gotten the city interested in these. Last
night, the City Council reviewed its Flood Hazard Mitigation Program and
"Rain Gardens" are inculuded in the proposal.

http://www.ecoisp.com/resources16.asp
http://www.raingardennetwork.com/
http://www.mninter.net/~stack/rain/
http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/mc...enman/rain.htm
http://www.raingardens.org/Index.php
http://www.consciouschoice.com/envir...rdens1405.html
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/20...3_home_and_ga=
rden_guide/hmgrdn05.txt
http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/water/wm/nps/rg/
http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/news...402/01/a10.asp

I heard if one took all of the water on the earth that iw ould be one
gallon and all the fresh water on the earth would be 1 teaspoon. Yes
sir, we need to keep that fresh water out of the storm sewer amd on the
land.

JK

"Steven@roadrunner" wrote:
=

I received a notice that my water rate will increase almost 50% this ye=

ar.
=

I want to install a rain water collection system is phases.
=

First the gutters then the collection barrels.
=

Any suggestions for someone who does this type work will be greatly
appreciated.
=

thanks
Steven

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business. Quoted by the Ho=
uston
Chronicle Lazy Gardener as 1 of 7 best gardening websites in Houston.
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal