Old 27-04-2004, 03:08 PM
D Russell

Default Siting Greenhouse

"The Grate Denini" wrote in message
After all the advice I received about plastic or glass greenhouse..we have
gone for a glass one.
Can someone advise on putting it in place.I have a plot so I`m going to

have
to level it off first.I cannot put any cement or anything down so was
thinking of paving flags or something.
Usage will be mostly Toms etc and a bit of pottering about.Growbags,I`m
assuming would be the easiest.
Any thought appreciated.
Thank you.
den

--
The Grate Denini. 3rd Earl of Harte le Pool

I stuck mine up on a pair of untreate railway sleepers, give an extra 18
inches of head height, add a massive amount of weight=stability to the
greenhouse, you can simply screw directly through the aluminium frame into
the wood. Then I simply built up the ends with more wood.

Seems to be working great, allows you to build a raised bed inside the
greenhouse as well, which is excellent for extra root depth.

Pair of untreated sleepers was about £60 inc delivery, but I needed some
friends round to shift them.

Duncan