Old 27-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Pond Newbie

Default Preformed Ponds

They seemed to like the other one, which I'd built up with rock along one end to form a
'beach' of sorts. This one has a 'bog' around the sides all the way around, and there
isn't really a way to 'blend' it in or hide the plastic. I had more frogs and toads in the
other one.

Hopefully the soft liner will be easier to hide and it will look lots more natural.

DeAnna
--
http://lamb.iswiz.com/pond.php
If you remember that I prefer my spam without cheese-

"jammer" wrote in message ...

I have to disagree on "the wildlife doesnt care much for the plastic
look of the preform". If i get any more wildlife in my little plastic
pondlet, I will have to expand before i plan too.

Why do you say this? Just curious.

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:18:32 -0500, "Pond Newbie"
wrote:

Go big! As big as you can afford. As RichToyBox says, they shrink...

lol. No matter how
big 140 gals. looks, once it is in, you will find it is too small..

(BTDT - an am planning
the 'expansion' and my new EPDM liner pond right now...I, and the

wildlife, don't really
care so much for the 'plastic' look of the preform). Trust me, make

it as big as you can
now, and save yourself a 'remodeling job' in a year or so!

As for the neighborhood dog, I solved my problem with 1. a call to

animal control. (Almost
every urban or suburban area has laws on the books for animals that

damage or molest the
property of others) and 2. a printed page showing the price of the

destroyed pond liner.
Of course, the kind of people who allow their animals to run at large

are usually the kind
who don't understand the concept of "personal responsibility", but at

least this prompted
them into getting rid of the destructive dog.

Good luck with the new pond!

DeAnna